Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Master Bathroom Inspiration

I'm starting to gather idea's for the master bathroom & bedroom.  Currently, we are way to undecided on anything we want in the bedroom. We did agree on the bathroom colors though :). Derek wanted the bathroom to be a little more masculine, & if i plan on getting my way for some other things i better start compromising lol. We knew our basis would be a dark grey, and the accent colors in bedroom will be shades of blue and metallics. We couldn't make up our minds if we wanted to carry the whole color scheme in or not / or add another color to the bathroom.  This is idea 1 for the master bathroom. We like the rust orange color as an accent with the grey and silver. It is undecided yet on if we will add some turquoise/dark blue to the mix.

The basis of the room is the shower curtain from West Elm. I am in love with everything on their site. It is super cute and if you shop it long enough you can find some great things on sale. The fabric listed as #1 is what i want to make a valance out of to top the shower curtain. I can't decide if i want to add another pattern there or not.  The fabric is from Calico Corners, if you sign up for their mailing list they offer 20% coupons on their fabric every so often. I was just looking for a reference so i will probably try to find something of a similar color, and with some texture at another fabric store if Calico Corners isn't running a sale. Joann Fabric is always a great option for other affordable options. I can't get over how much I love the zinc letters from Anthro! I dream of their home decor on a regular basis. The deer head is also from West Elm, it may not make the cut for the bathroom but i wanted to remember it for sure.  Derek is an avid deer hunter and this might be a funny compromise somewhere in the house for sure :).  The fact that it is silver and not real is a huge bonus to me ha!  The rug is from Target, they are my go to place for home decor basics.  Again i might still consider putting a pattern there. I also want to work on finding a really good set of towels. I would break out in song if i came across a burnt orange polka dot set. If I go with the solid then i will definitely be adding a band of grey chevron fabric to the bottom for display! 

Other accessories which is did not display but am on the hunt for include: Small mercury glass cups/vases for around the sink, cute gold or other metallic hooks for towels, chunky gold picture frames, a pretty antique gold display tray for the middle of our jack & jill sinks. 

While all the items above are awesome, i can't afford this bathroom on my budget. Sooo for the next couple weeks i will be scouring places like Tj Maxx, Homegoods, Hobby Lobby, and misc. thrift stores for the perfect items which are similar and at a price i can afford.  I will be making the zinc letters myself thanks to a really awesome tutorial i found on pinterest. Thanks Life as a Thrifter, your tutorial rocks!   The shower curtain and deer head though are definitely coming from West Elm.  Love love love them!!

Oh & don't be surprised if there is an accent wall of some kind with some stripes in the finished product. The millions of ideas i have will come together eventually. I will revel the room and how i saved some money soon enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment